The BTS Annual Dinner
The first Annual BTS Dinner took place in the Peers’ Dining Room in the House of Lords on 24 January 2019, under the Patronage of Lord Purvis of Tweed, Patron of the BTS and held in partnership with the All Party Parliamentary Group for Tunisia.
The room was full, with 80 members and guests of the BTS enjoying a delicious meal with a lively and positive atmosphere .
Acting as compere for the evening, our Secretary, Wafa Zaiane, introduced welcoming speeches from:
· Robin Kealy, Chair, BTS
· Lord Purvis Hon Patron, BTS
· Mr Damian Moore MP, Chair of the All- Party Parliamentary Group for Tunisia,
· HE the Tunisian Ambassador, Mr Nabil Ben-Khedher President, BTS
The dinner coincided with the meeting in London of the Tunis-British Higher Education Commission, a number of whose members were present at the dinner, including our two Guest Speakers also later introduced by Wafa:
· Mr Noomane Fehri former Tunisian Minister of Information and Communications Technology
· Mr Bob Ness Director, British Council, Tunis
Both speakers eloquently highlighted the importance of education in building Tunisia’s future stability and growth, as well as cooperation with Britain in this field (which the BTS also hope to support).